VP Design and Client Engagement
What you’ll do
As a VP Design and Client Engagement you will collaborate in cross-disciplinary teams, guiding engagement teams and building and managing client relationships.
You will manage client relationships and ensure project success, from proposal to continuous team advisement. In close partnership with Veryday and McKinsey teams, you will drive all aspects of the project initiation process, from identifying new opportunities through discussions with potential clients, ongoing engagements and providing continuous client support. It will be your responsibility to foster strong, supportive relationships with clients, teams and other stakeholders from beginning to end of each engagement. You will partner with other VP’s of Design and project leads to find synergies and connect learnings between projects and to streamline project delivery and best practices. You will coach junior colleagues and help them achieve their professional development goals.
Leveraging your existing networks and building new ones, you will help recruit new team members as we grow.
Our office culture is casual, fun and social, with an emphasis on supporting and empowering all team members, regardless of level, to do their best work. We have the freedom to try new ideas, experiment and are expected to be constantly learning and growing. We partner closely with our clients, and advocate for a “one team” mentality. Being part of the broader McKinsey Design community offers exciting career prospects and opportunities for global collaboration.
Who you’ll work with
You’ll work in New York with Veryday, an award-winning design firm that is part of McKinsey Design.
Veryday has more than 45 years of design experience and serves a wide range of clients globally. Our designers have been granted more than 300 patents and won over 240 internationally recognized design awards, including the Red Dot: Design Team of the Year. Veryday has offices in Stockholm and New York. Our New York office focuses solely on healthcare and pharma. In 2016 Veryday joined McKinsey Design. McKinsey Design combines world-class design talent with a unique multidisciplinary approach to help clients innovate at scale and speed.
- Minimum of 10+ years relevant industry experience leading teams and projects
- Track record of successfully building and managing client relationships
- Deep expertise in the healthcare and pharma space, ideally including physician and patient engagement strategies, care delivery and treatment pathways, physical and digital medical device design, customer experience and service design program development
- Holistic and human-centered approach to product and service design, from research and insight generation to concepts to final deliverables
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience leading designers and other members of a cross-functional team
- Positive attitude and motivation to lead teams to ensure highest quality deliverables and build strong client relationships
- Familiarity with Agile software development processes and methodologies
- Strong command of English language (both verbal and written)
- Willingness to travel
- Degree in design, design management or related field
- Strong influencing, negotiation and communication skills (written, verbal, presentation) with the ability to be a trusted advisor to clients and a thought partner/coach to internal team
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Able to functions, adapt and succeed in a constantly changing, fast paced environment
- International experience is a plus