Senior Visual Designer
Veryday is one of the world’s top-ranking design consultancies, with an impressive track record that’s helped build successful businesses since 1969. We are strongly committed to people-driven innovation that enhances quality of life and makes every day a Veryday.
Based on deep people insights, our team of 80+ design specialists creates innovative products and service solutions in the physical and digital worlds. Veryday has offices in Stockholm, New York and Dubai, and is represented in London and Shanghai.
We’re looking for a highly creative and collaborative individual that’s deeply grounded in visual design to join our Veryday New York team.
In this job you’ll participate in ever-changing projects for our clients worldwide – in industries that range from healthcare and education to finance and consumer electronics. With connected health as the main focus area of our New York office, experience or an interest in healthcare design is a definite plus.
At Veryday, you’ll join a passionate group of individuals that work together to bring an engaged perspective to our three main disciplines: people insight, design impact and business innovation. Our interdisciplinary teams work across product design, interaction and UX design, service design and visual design, and numerous business areas. We offer a highly creative, caring work environment and really love what we do.
What you’ll do as a Senior Visual Designer at Veryday:
As Senior Visual Designer at Veryday, you’ll be encouraged to run with your original design ideas for interactive platforms including mobile devices, websites, software applications, consumer electronics and interactive media. You’ll intuit where business insights and human behavior intersect with aesthetics and function, and use this knowledge to create designs that are visually impressive, user-centric, practical and emotionally engaging. As part of an interdisciplinary team, you’ll develop navigation systems, interface designs, typography and screen layouts that satisfy our clients’ functional goals. As a visual explorer, you’ll appreciate the ever-changing landscape of your projects and embrace the key areas and responsibilities of your role, which include:
- Work with teams including Design Strategists, Interaction Designers, Developers and Researchers to ensure that all aspects of a user’s experience are managed.
- Conceptualize, develop, and track user experiences from early concepts to prototypes, specifications and style guides.
- Produce final design stories and annotated wireframes and/or visual comps with clarity and precision.
- Evaluate the design of products and services for usefulness, attractiveness, usability, accessibility, credibility, and value.
- Ensure products and services fit client needs and adhere to all technical requirements.
- Plan, prioritize, coordinate, and conduct user testing.
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually.
- Work with agile build teams to help bring products to market.
Our office is located in Manhattan but our reach is global. You’ll work with a dynamic mix of people from around the world and take an occasional trip to our exceptional headquarters in Stockholm.
Our work is intense and demanding – yet extremely rewarding. You must be fluent in written and spoken English, and a second language is considered a plus. Occasional travel will be required for research activities and client meetings. This is a full-time position.
- Ultra-creative and collaborative mindset that thrives on co-creation.
- Highly motivated and obsessively detail oriented.
- Strong orientation toward process and problem solving.
- Adept at crafting high quality design under tight or shifting deadlines.
- Native web / digital user with innate style, design and trend sense.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in a related field.
- A natural self-starter that keeps project momentum going and motivates team members.
- Fluent in English with strong written and verbal communication, presentation and storytelling skills; additional languages spoken considered a plus.
- Ability to clearly and confidently present a story and explain design decisions internally and to clients.
- Responsible, punctual, and adept at managing tight deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in interaction design, graphic design, human computer interaction or the equivalent.
- 3 years of professional experience in a design or strategy consultancy.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of hands-on experience designing visual language systems.
- Technical expertise - Design visual language systems for digital products and services. Create meticulous deliverables through a strong understanding of product interaction, software tools and applications. Apply information design and production skills to optimize creative output. Translate complex ideas into unique systems at the elemental level.
- Human elements - Through a deep understanding of the relationship between user behavior and design, translate business goals into compelling elements that are user friendly and emotionally satisfying.
- Interest in healthcare design is a definite plus.
Experience designing responsive websites and apps for both Android and iOS, familiar with each platforms conventions and restriction a plus.
Experience of different prototyping tools for interaction design, and interest in trying and exploring new tools